Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Snowpocalypse 2011

view from outside my apartment Wednesday morning


I just can't get enough of this buzzword. I can, however, get enough of this weather. Chicago is supposed to get up to two feet in the next 24 hours. The office closed early today, so I hightailed it to the grocery store, where instead of milk, bread, and eggs, I bought diet coke, twizzlers, macaroni and cheese (um, forgive my ignorance but when did Kraft discontinue the Rugrats variety) and an array of tabloids. My vices, however, pale in comparison to my elevator mate who shamelessly told me he was going to invest in frozen pizza and beer to get him through the next few days.

On my to-do list: drink lots of coffee, an SVU marathon with homemade chocolate chip cookies (can't get enough Elliot Stabler, especially when he tucks that tie), and making some headway in The Executioner's Song, Norman Mailer's 1056 page magnum opus that I can so far classify as brilliant. And heavy.




No comments:

Post a Comment